We are currently looking for leaders who are dedicated, enthusiastic, and proactive problem solvers for a number of executive positions.
If this sounds like you, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Limited in experience? This is where you can start!
This would also be ideal for you if you would like to get involved in planning and implementing LASOC events!
Some of our events this year included Pub Nights, Prof Talks, and Court Visits!
IMPORTANT: You do not need to be a Law and Society minor to be an executive for Law and Society Chats!
- Applications open: Tuesday, March 6th to Tuesday, March 13th at 11:59pm
- Elections: Wednesday, March 14th to Sunday, March 18th at 11:59pm
- Election results released on: Monday, March 19th
Below are the open positions and brief job descriptions! If you have any questions, want to learn more about the club or the positions, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com!
Executive Position Descriptions
- Acts as liaison to AUS Council by participating in its biweekly meetings on Tuesday nights, or appoint a proxy or representative if unable to attend
- Oversees club operations such as finances and budgeting, marketing, event planning and logistics
- Calls general biweekly executive meetings to discuss relevant items, supports internal cohesion of club executives
- Works alongside the AMS to adhere to club regulations
- Acts as a liaison to the AMS Finance Commission
- Responsible for annual club budget
- Applies for annual AMS and AUS grants for club funding
- Responsible for reimbursements of club expenses
- Provides student advice concerning course curriculum
- Maintains a relationship with the Law and Society department, contacting LASO professors that may be interested in participating in our Prof Talks
VP PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Sends out biweekly newsletters or updates on club events
- Works with VP Social Media to make sure all marketing material is identical in content and theme
- Books and coordinates spaces for events
VP SOCIAL MEDIA
- Publicizes the club’s activities, aims, and objectives on social media websites
- Manages club’s Facebook page, including working with Marketing and putting together Facebook event pages, answering Facebook messages, etc.
- Contacts different platforms (Arts Undergraduate Society Facebook, AUS Newsletter) to market LASOC events